This lesson explains the importance of drinking plenty of water for health. Students discuss how water is used and the role it plays in keeping the body healthy. They set a goal to drink plenty of water each day. They plan where and when they can drink water during the day, and identify people who can help them reach their goal. They take home a mini-poster and family sheet to promote drinking plenty of water.
Students will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of drinking plenty of water, including when being physically active.
- Set a goal to drink plenty of water each day.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- HE-5: Drink plenty of water every day.
- PA-4: Drink plenty of water before, during, and after physical activity.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.
- Standard 6: Goal Setting
- Performance Indicator 6.2.1: Identify a short-term personal health goal and take action toward achieving the goal.
- Performance Indicator 6.2.2: Identify who can help when assistance is needed to achieve a personal health goal.