This lesson helps students identify healthy food choices. After identifying healthy foods they like to eat, students practice making healthy food choices by making a personal collage/drawing of healthy foods. They also identify people who can help them make healthy food choices.
Students will be able to:
- Explain the importance of trying new foods.
- Explain the importance of choosing healthy foods and beverages.
- Identify healthy foods they like to eat.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- HE-12: Follow an eating plan for healthy growth and development.
- HE-2: Eat a variety of foods within each food group every day.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.
- Standard 3: Accessing Resources
- Performance Indicator 3.2.1: Identify trusted adults and professionals who can help promote health.