In this lesson, students examine the role of eating in health. They think about why they eat and discuss the importance of eating. They identify body signals for hunger and fullness.
Students will be able to:
- Explain why it’s important to eat different kinds of foods.
- Describe body signals that tell people when they are hungry and when they are full.
- Demonstrate how they act or feel when they are hungry and full.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- HE-12: Follow an eating plan for healthy growth and development.
- HE-2: Eat a variety of foods within each food group every day.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.