In this lesson, students examine the role of eating in health. They think about why they eat and discuss the importance of eating. They identify body signals for hunger and fullness.
Students will be able to:
- Explain why it’s important to eat different kinds of foods.
- Describe body signals that tell people when they are hungry and when they are full.
- Demonstrate how they act or feel when they are hungry and full.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- FN-1: Follow a healthy eating pattern that meets individual preferences and needs for growth and development.
- FN-2: Choose a variety of options within each food group.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.
- Standard 5: Decision Making
- Performance Indicator 5.2.1: Identify situations when a health-related decision is needed.