This lesson helps students apply a simple decision-making process to situations that involve safety.
Students will be able to:
- Identify situations where a decision about safety needs to be made.
- Determine if help is needed to make a decision related to safety and injury prevention.
- responsible decision making
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- S-4: Apply safety rules and procedures to avoid risky behaviors and injury.
- S-5: Avoid safety hazards in the home and community.
- S-6: Recognize and avoid dangerous surroundings.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 5: Decision Making
- Performance Indicator 5.2.1: Identify situations when a health-related decision is needed.
- Performance Indicator 5.2.2: Differentiate between situations when a health-related decision can be made individually or when assistance is needed.