Students identify facial expressions related to feeling happy, sad, angry, bored, curious and afraid, consider reasons people might feel in these ways and demonstrate body language to communicate each emotion, with a focus on appropriate and healthy ways to express anger.
Students will be able to:
- Identify different emotions.
- Explain the relationship between feelings and behavior.
- Identify appropriate ways to express and deal with feelings of sadness, fear and anger.
- Demonstrate self-control strategies for dealing with anger.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- MEH-1: Express feelings in a healthy way.
- MEH-5: Use self-control and impulse-control strategies to promote health.
- MEH-9: Practice habits that promote mental and emotional well-being.
- V-2: Manage emotional distress in nonviolent ways.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.
- Standard 4: Communication
- Performance Indicator 4.2.1: Demonstrate healthy ways to express needs, wants, and feelings.
- Standard 7: Practicing Health-Enhancing Behaviors
- Performance Indicator 7.2.2: Demonstrate behaviors that avoid or reduce health risks.