This lesson teaches how to call for emergency help. Students learn and practice procedures for dialing 9-1-1 for help in an emergency, including what to say and the importance of staying on the line for instructions on what to do.
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to call 9-1-1 or 0 to locate community health helpers for help in an emergency.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- S-7: Get help for oneself or others when injured or suddenly ill.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 3: Accessing Resources
- Performance Indicator 3.2.2: Identify ways to locate school and community health helpers.
- Standard 4: Communication
- Performance Indicator 4.2.4: Demonstrate ways to tell a trusted adult if threatened or harmed.
- Standard 7: Practicing Health-Enhancing Behaviors
- Performance Indicator 7.2.2: Demonstrate behaviors that avoid or reduce health risks.