This lesson helps students identify and seek appropriate help in emergencies. After discussing the difference between “little” help and “BIG help,” students categorize example situations, and identify whom they could ask or where they could go for help with each one.
Students will be able to:
- Classify situations as needing “little help” or “BIG help.”
- Identify whom they would ask or where they would go for little help and for big help.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- S-7: Get help for oneself or others when injured or suddenly ill.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.4: List ways to prevent common childhood injuries.
- Standard 3: Accessing Resources
- Performance Indicator 3.2.1: Identify trusted adults and professionals who can help promote health.