This lesson focuses on crossing the street safely. Students use a poem to learn and practice rules to help them cross the street safely, and discuss some of the people and things that can help them stay safe when crossing the street.
Students will be able to:
- Describe how to be a safe pedestrian when crossing the street.
- Demonstrate safe behaviors for crossing the street.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- S-4: Apply safety rules and procedures to avoid risky behaviors and injury.
- S-5: Avoid safety hazards in the home and community.
- S-6: Recognize and avoid dangerous surroundings.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.4: List ways to prevent common childhood injuries.
- Standard 7: Practicing Health-Enhancing Behaviors
- Performance Indicator 7.2.2: Demonstrate behaviors that avoid or reduce health risks.