In this lesson, students learn about staying safe when they walk. They think about when and where they walk each day and learn and practice following safety rules for walking safely, such as looking ahead and being seen.
Students will be able to:
- Describe how to be a safe pedestrian when walking.
- Demonstrate safe behaviors when walking.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- S-4: Apply safety rules and procedures to avoid risky behaviors and injury.
- S-5: Avoid safety hazards in the home and community.
- S-6: Recognize and avoid dangerous surroundings.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.4: List ways to prevent common childhood injuries.
- Standard 7: Practicing Health-Enhancing Behaviors
- Performance Indicator 7.2.2: Demonstrate behaviors that avoid or reduce health risks.