This lesson teaches about how safety rules can help people stay safe in traffic. Students play a game to illustrate traffic problems that can occur when there are no rules. They discuss how they travel to school each day and how traffic rules can help keep them safe.
Students will be able to:
- Explain the need for safety rules and procedures for staying safe around traffic.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- S-4: Apply safety rules and procedures to avoid risky behaviors and injury.
- S-5: Avoid safety hazards in the home and community.
- S-6: Recognize and avoid dangerous surroundings.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.