After identifying qualities that make a group of kindergarteners different from each other, students describe how they exhibit some of these qualities. They consider how differences make the world an interesting place and the importance of knowing and liking oneself as part of being healthy. Then they draw a picture to show others what is different and special about themselves.
Students will be able to:
- Describe ways they are different.
- Explain why it’s important to accept differences in others.
- Illustrate ways they are special.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- MEH-2: Engage in activities that are mentally and emotionally healthy.
- MEH-7: Show tolerance and acceptance of differences in others.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.
- Standard 4: Communication
- Performance Indicator 4.2.1: Demonstrate healthy ways to express needs, wants, and feelings.
- Performance Indicator 4.2.2: Demonstrate listening skills to enhance health.
- Standard 7: Practicing Health-Enhancing Behaviors
- Performance Indicator 7.2.1: Demonstrate healthy practices and behaviors to maintain or improve personal health.