This lesson continues with the topic of bullying, by a focusing on the feelings it causes and other consequences. Students read and discuss an article that defines bullying and cyberbullying. They read about and brainstorm the feelings bullying can cause people to experience as well as other consequences for targets, bystanders and bullies. They revisit the stories about bullying from the previous class and analyze possible consequences for each of the characters in the story.
Students will be able to:
- Identify consequences of bullying to perpetrators, victims and bystanders.
- social awareness
- relationship skills
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- V-3: Avoid bullying or being a bystander to bullying.
- V-7: Get help to prevent or stop violence, including harassment, abuse, bullying, hazing, fighting, and hate crimes.
- V-9: Get help to stop being subjected to violence or physical abuse.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.5.1: Describe the relationship between healthy behaviors and personal health.
- Standard 2: Analyzing Influences
- Performance Indicator 2.5.6: Describe ways that technology can influence personal health.