In this lesson, students discuss the thoughts, beliefs and values that contribute to practicing healthy behaviors. They consider sources of information about health and learn about and practice asking key questions to evaluate online resources for the quality and usefulness of the information they provide.
Students will be able to:
- Describe characteristics of accurate personal health and wellness information.
- Demonstrate how to locate sources of accurate personal health and wellness information.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- PHW-10: Use health care services to address common infectious diseases and manage chronic diseases and conditions.
- PHW-11: Seek out health care professionals for appropriate screenings and examininations.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.5.1: Describe the relationship between healthy behaviors and personal health.
- Standard 3: Accessing Resources
- Performance Indicator 3.5.1: Identify characteristics of valid health information, products, and services.
- Performance Indicator 3.5.2: Locate resources from home, school, and community that provide valid health information.