In this lesson, students learn about the importance of getting trustworthy support and accurate information as they go through puberty. They complete an activity sheet that features examples of difficult or confusing situations kids might face, by identifying the emotions and needs in each scenario, suggesting where they would go to get information and support, and explaining how they know that source is trustworthy.
Students will be able to:
- Identify sources of accurate information and support for dealing with the physical, emotional and social changes that occur during puberty.
- responsible decision making
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- SH-5: Be sexually abstinent.
- SH-10: Use appropriate health services to promote sexual and reproductive health.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 3: Accessing Resources
- Performance Indicator 3.5.1: Identify characteristics of valid health information, products, and services.
- Performance Indicator 3.5.2: Locate resources from home, school, and community that provide valid health information.