This lesson helps students apply what they have been learning about alcohol and the decision they will eventually make about using alcohol. They learn the steps of how to critically think about making a serious decision and then have the opportunity to practice these steps as it applies to using alcohol.
Students will be able to:
- Identify situations which need a decision related to alcohol-use prevention.
- Decide when help is needed and when it is not needed to make a decision to not use alcohol.
- Identify options and their potential outcomes when making a decision related to alcohol use.
- Choose a healthy option when making a decision about alcohol prevention.
- responsible decision making
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- AOD-3: Avoid the use of alcohol.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 5: Decision Making
- Performance Indicator 5.5.1: Identify health-related situations that might require a thoughtful decision.
- Performance Indicator 5.5.2: Analyze when assistance is needed in making a health-related decision.
- Performance Indicator 5.5.3: List healthy options to health-related issues or problems.
- Performance Indicator 5.5.4: Predict the potential outcomes of each option when making a health-related decision.
- Performance Indicator 5.5.5: Choose a healthy option when making a decision.
- Performance Indicator 5.5.6: Describe the outcomes of a health-related decision.