In this lesson, students learn the steps that are needed to set and meet a goal. They review their own eating and physical activity patterns and determine areas in which they could improve. They complete an activity sheet where they choose one physical activity or healthy eating goal and use the goal-setting steps to make an action plan for reaching that goal.
Students will be able to:
- Set a realistic personal goal related to improve healthy eating or physical activity behaviors.
- Identify resources that can help achieve a personal goal to improve healthy eating or physical activity behaviors.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- FN-1: Follow a healthy eating pattern that meets individual preferences and needs for growth and development.
- FN-10: Prepare good-tasting, nutrient-dense foods for yourself and others.
- PA-5: Follow a physical activity plan for healthy growth and development.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 6: Goal Setting
- Performance Indicator 6.5.1: Set a personal health goal and track progress toward its achievement.
- Performance Indicator 6.5.2: Identify resources to assist in achieving a personal health goal.