Students consider what it means to be healthy and are introduced to the idea of different dimensions of health, including physical, mental/emotional and social health. They read an article that offers tips for living a great life, work with a partner to list characteristics of people who have good emotional health, and complete an activity sheet that helps them examine the role of these qualities in their own lives.
Students will be able to:
- Identify characteristics of a mentally and emotionally healthy person.
- Explain what it means to be mentally or emotionally healthy.
- Identify role models who demonstrate positive emotional health.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- MEH-1: Express feelings in a healthy way.
- MEH-2: Engage in activities that are mentally and emotionally healthy.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.5.1: Describe the relationship between healthy behaviors and personal health.
- Performance Indicator 1.5.2: Identify examples of emotional, intellectual, physical, and social health.