In this lesson, students review how stress can feel both good and bad. They complete an activity sheet to identify personal stressors at home, school and with friends. They learn about the physical effects of long-term stress, then hear a story about a fourth grader who is experiencing stress and identify possible causes and negative effects.
Students will be able to:
- Identify personal stressors at home, in school and with friends.
- Identify possible causes and effects of long-term stress.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- MEH-4: Prevent and manage emotional stress and anxiety in healthy ways.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.5.1: Describe the relationship between healthy behaviors and personal health.