In this lesson, students are introduced to MyPlate as a guide for healthy eating. They think about the “big picture” way of looking at nutrition, then are presented with information about the different food groups. They create a booklet to record information about the different food groups and examples of the foods that belong to each group.
Students will be able to:
- Name the food groups and a variety of nutritious food choices for each food group.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- FN-1: Follow a healthy eating pattern that meets individual preferences and needs for growth and development.
- FN-2: Choose a variety of options within each food group.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.5.1: Describe the relationship between healthy behaviors and personal health.