In this lesson, students learn the steps for advocacy. Then they review what they’ve learned about healthy habits and create a poster campaign to advocate for peers to practice the healthy behaviors of taking care of teeth, keeping clean, getting enough rest, preventing sun damage, and protecting vision and hearing.
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to encourage peers to make positive personal health and wellness-related choices.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- PHW-1: Practice appropriate hygiene habits.
- PHW-2: Get an appropriate amount of sleep and rest.
- PHW-3: Prevent vision and hearing loss.
- PHW-4: Prevent damage from the sun.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.
- Standard 8: Advocacy
- Performance Indicator 8.2.2: Encourage peers to make positive health choices.