This lesson explores how students can get support for being tobacco free. They explore how the people in their lives can help them do healthy things, then complete a signature sheet to gather support from specific people they think can help them stay tobacco free. They post their completed sheets and share how these people can help them, then celebrate that they have these support systems for making healthy choices about tobacco.
Students will be able to:
- Identify trusted adults at home who can help prevent tobacco use.
- Identify trusted adults and professionals in school who can help prevent tobacco use.
- Request adult help in staying tobacco free.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- T-1: Avoid using (or experimenting with) any form of tobacco.
- T-2: Avoid exposure to secondhand smoke and aerosol.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 2: Analyzing Influences
- Performance Indicator 2.2.2: Identify what the school can do to support personal health practices and behaviors.
- Standard 3: Accessing Resources
- Performance Indicator 3.2.1: Identify trusted adults and professionals who can help promote health.
- Standard 8: Advocacy
- Performance Indicator 8.2.1: Make requests to promote personal health.