This lesson explores the idea of being safe. Students define what being safe means and the feelings that come from being safe, then they draw things they do to be safe in their daily lives. They learn some simple questions to ask to evaluate how safe they feel in a given situation. Then they identify and draw people who can help them be safe.
Students will be able to:
- Describe how they feel when they are safe.
- Illustrate something they do to be safe.
- Identify people who can help them stay safe.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- S-5: Avoid safety hazards in the home and community.
- S-6: Recognize and avoid dangerous surroundings.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.4: List ways to prevent common childhood injuries.
- Standard 3: Accessing Resources
- Performance Indicator 3.2.1: Identify trusted adults and professionals who can help promote health.