Students participate in class discussion about the need for healthy teeth and ways to keep teeth healthy. The teacher defines plaque and cavities and explains the reasons for flossing. Students observe a demonstration of how to floss teeth, then practice the steps for brushing teeth properly. They make a pledge to brush their teeth twice a day.
Students will be able to:
- Identify the proper steps for daily brushing and flossing of teeth.
- Demonstrate proper tooth brushing.
- Make a pledge to properly brush their teeth twice a day.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- PHW-1: Practice appropriate hygiene habits.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.
- Standard 7: Practicing Health-Enhancing Behaviors
- Performance Indicator 7.2.1: Demonstrate healthy practices and behaviors to maintain or improve personal health.