In this lesson, students learn about how friends can help them be healthy. They discuss what friends do for each other, how it feels to have a friend and what friends can do that contributes to health. Then they draw a picture of themselves and a friend doing something healthy together.
Students will be able to:
- Describe what it means to be a good friend.
- Identify the benefits of healthy peer relationships.
- Demonstrate how to encourage peers to make healthy choices.
- social awareness
- relationship skills
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- MEH-8: Establish and maintain healthy relationships.
- MEH-9: Practice habits that promote mental and emotional well-being.
- SH-2: Establish and maintain healthy relationships.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.
- Standard 8: Advocacy
- Performance Indicator 8.2.2: Encourage peers to make positive health choices.