In this lesson, students share the tobacco-free message with others. They identify the benefits they get from being tobacco free, then make and wear wristbands in support of being tobacco free. They explain what being tobacco free means to them, and practice what they could say to convince someone their age to stay away from tobacco.
Students will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of not using tobacco.
- Advocate for others to be tobacco free.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- T-3: Support a tobacco-free environment.
- T-4: Support others to be tobacco free.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 8: Advocacy
- Performance Indicator 8.2.1: Make requests to promote personal health.
- Performance Indicator 8.2.2: Encourage peers to make positive health choices.