In this lesson, students set a nutrition goal to eat breakfast every day or to drink more water. They examine reasons people might not eat breakfast or drink water and brainstorm solutions. Then they learn some simple steps for setting a goal and choose one of these healthy behaviors to work on.
Students will be able to:
- Identify reasons people don’t eat breakfast and suggest solutions.
- Identify reasons people don’t drink water and suggest solutions.
- Set a goal to eat breakfast daily or drink more water and take steps to achieve it.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- FN-1: Follow a healthy eating pattern that meets individual preferences and needs for growth and development.
- FN-6: Drink lots of water.
- FN-11: Choose and enjoy nutrient-dense foods and beverages that reflect personal preferences, culture, and budget.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.
- Standard 6: Goal Setting
- Performance Indicator 6.2.1: Identify a short-term personal health goal and take action toward achieving the goal.
- Performance Indicator 6.2.2: Identify who can help when assistance is needed to achieve a personal health goal.