This lesson reviews the importance of water for health. Students think about when and why they drink water, and discuss the benefits of drinking plenty of water each day. They make a plan to encourage and support each other in this healthy behavior by making and wearing badges that will remind them and others to drink water.
Students will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of drinking plenty of water.
- Describe the benefits of drinking plenty of water before, during, and after physical activity.
- Encourage peers to drink plenty of water.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- FN-6: Drink lots of water.
- FN-7: Avoid sugary drinks.
- FN-12: Support healthy eating patterns for others.
- PA-4: Drink plenty of water before, during, and after physical activity.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.
- Standard 8: Advocacy
- Performance Indicator 8.2.2: Encourage peers to make positive health choices.