This lesson teaches the importance of eating a healthy breakfast. Students learn how breakfast provides fuel for the body and contributes to good health. They distinguish between healthy and less-healthy breakfast foods. They complete an activity sheet to remind them of the rewards of eating a healthy breakfast.
Students will be able to:
- Identify healthy breakfast foods.
- Describe the benefits of eating breakfast every day.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- FN-1: Follow a healthy eating pattern that meets individual preferences and needs for growth and development.
- FN-4: Choose to eat whole grain products.
- FN-8: Limit foods high in added sugars, saturated fats, trans fats, and sodium.
- FN-11: Choose and enjoy nutrient-dense foods and beverages that reflect personal preferences, culture, and budget.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.