In this skills-based lesson, students review the definition of an emergency. They learn the steps for calling 9-1-1 to get help when needed, see the skill modeled and then have an opportunity to practice the correct procedure for calling for help in an emergency.
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to call 9-1-1 for help in an emergency.
- Demonstrate how to effectively ask for help in an emergency.
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- S-7: Get help for oneself or others when injured or suddenly ill.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 3: Accessing Resources
- Performance Indicator 3.2.2: Identify ways to locate school and community health helpers.
- Standard 4: Communication
- Performance Indicator 4.2.3: Demonstrate ways to respond in an unwanted, threatening, or dangerous situation.
- Performance Indicator 4.2.4: Demonstrate ways to tell a trusted adult if threatened or harmed.
- Standard 7: Practicing Health-Enhancing Behaviors
- Performance Indicator 7.2.2: Demonstrate behaviors that avoid or reduce health risks.