This lesson builds a foundation for understanding healthy relationships. Students explore how belonging contributes to health. They identify people with whom they belong, explore the feelings that come with belonging, and draw a picture to show how they belong with family, friends and others.
Students will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of healthy family relationships.
- Identify the benefits of healthy peer relationships.
- Identify trusted adults who can help promote health.
- social awareness
- relationship skills
Healthy Behavior Outcomes
- MEH-8: Establish and maintain healthy relationships.
- SH-2: Establish and maintain healthy relationships.
National Health Education Standards
- Standard 1: Comprehending Concepts
- Performance Indicator 1.2.1: Identify that healthy behaviors impact personal health.
- Standard 3: Accessing Resources
- Performance Indicator 3.2.1: Identify trusted adults and professionals who can help promote health.