Sex Education International Journal Honors Dr. Douglas Kirby with Special Issue
The international peer-reviewed journal Sex Education recently announced a call for papers for a special issue in memory of the late Dr. Douglas Kirby of ETR Associates and his legacy. In announcing the call for papers, the journal stated: "Doug was a pioneer in the field of sex education, both in the United States and internationally, identifying the key features of good quality, effective education and raising important questions about the limitations of other approaches. He died unexpectedly on December 22, 2012, while mountain climbing in Quito, Ecuador. He is sadly missed by all who worked with him or knew his work, but leaves the field of sex education a richer place as the result of his enthusiasm, dedication and scholarship."
Sex Education call for papers information:
- Manuscript themes include promoting healthy sexual relationships among young people.
- Papers may address evidence, advocacy and policies for comprehensive sexuality education; principles of effective sexuality education programs; curriculum development.
- Roger Ingham, Professor of Health and Community Psychology, University of Southampton, UK; Leslie Kantor, Vice President of Education, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, New York, USA; and Ekua Yankah, Independent Consultant, Bangkok, Thailand, will serve as guest editors of this special issue.
- The deadline for submission is October 1, 2013. Manuscripts should follow Sex Education's formatting guidelines, which are available at http://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=csed20&page=insructions
- Papers may be discussed informally with one of the special issue editors in advance, but should be submitted through the online submission and review site: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/csed
- Papers must be clearly marked for consideration for inclusion in the Doug Kirby special issue. All papers submitted will undergo the standard peer review process. Inquiries can be e-mailed to Roger Ingham (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ekua Yankah (email@example.com).
For more information about Dr. Douglas Kirby, please visit click here.