Senior Research Associate II (Remote)
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
The Senior Research Associate II will work with other senior ETR leaders and research staff in the timely accomplishment of all research/evaluation activities. The current area of focus for this role is within our HIV and Black Family Wellness initiative. This role has core responsibilities to support and further develop the HIV services area at ETR, a core content area of our agency expertise. This role also has opportunities to support and advance an exciting new area of focus at ETR, Black Family Wellness. Supportive to this role is having previous meaningful experience in research and evaluation and program implementation in priority populations and communities: Black women/xn, trans and gender non-conforming communities, and gay men. This position works remotely and can be located anywhere in the United States.
- You possess excellent communication and relationship-building skills with colleagues, partners and clients with utmost integrity, courtesy and diplomacy.
- You are capable of embracing the ideas of others and seek to understand others’ points of view in order to further our shared mission and vision.
- You enjoy working independently as well as collaboratively to meet goals and deadlines. You are capable of using technology to effectively and professionally communicate with co-located and remote colleagues.
- You are self-motivated and capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- You embrace a spirit of learning and curiosity in your work and proactively seek out answers and solutions to questions and challenges that arise.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Ph.D. in Public Health, Psychology, Education, Program Evaluation, Social Work, or related area; educational background in research and evaluation.
- At least 4 years, post-Ph.D., research/evaluation experience, preferably in Health Education or related field, including serving as lead on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Developing track record of first-author publications (e.g., peer-reviewed journals, or book chapters).
- Strong organizational, writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills required.
- Extensive content/method expertise in a scientific field or area of work.
- Skills in qualitative and quantitative research methods, instrument development, and statistical analysis required.
- Experience with SPSS, Excel, and other similar software desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt to timeline adjustments and reorganize work accordingly.
- Responsible and able to follow through on all tasks with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to manage and mentor junior staff successfully.
- Track record as a Principal Investigator on a competitive contract and/or grant research project.
- Willingness to travel.
- The use of personal vehicle or rental car for ETR business will require a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Location: Remote employment; open to anywhere in the United States.
Starting Pay Range: $98,900 - $109,900 annually.
WORKING AT ETR
ETR employees enjoy a competitive salary, amazing 401(k) and health benefits as well as generous PTO and holiday pay. You will contribute to making a difference in the world!
WHO WE ARE
ETR (Education, Training and Research) is a national non-profit. We are passionate about our mission, which is to improve health and increase opportunities for youth, families and communities. We seek to promote equity and justice through first understanding, and then addressing, the ways health and education outcomes are influenced by the complex interactions between people and their environment.
As an organization with a focus on mission-driven impact, we value diversity and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. We emphasize collaboration and continuous learning, both within the organization and in our partnerships.
We are looking for people who share our passion for health equity, social justice and learning. ETR is an equal opportunity employer and supports a vision where all staff – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, socioeconomic background, or religious affiliation – feel there is space for a diversity of experiences to be represented, respected and valued.
THE IMPACT WE ARE LOOKING TO MAKE
We envision a world where all people have the information, skills and opportunities to lead healthy lives. We endeavor to reduce disparities and increase equity in health and education. We are committed to uplifting and supporting our partners to do work across the country and around the globe in four main areas:
- HIV, sexual, and reproductive health (HIV/SRH)
- Equity and inclusion in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) fields
- Alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- School-based health and wellness
We realize our vision and achieve our mission by linking innovation and research to practice. We drive the science through program development, applied research and evaluation. We scale innovation through capacity building and dissemination.
WORKING AT ETR
ETR has a distributed workforce across three co-located offices in California, as well as individual employees located around the nation. ETR employees enjoy a competitive salary, an amazing 401(K) and robust health benefits, as well as generous PTO and holiday pay. We offer remote working flexibility when possible. Join us. You will work with inspiring colleagues and contribute to making a difference in the world!
ETR is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO and AA Employer/VET/Disabled
ETR is an equal opportunity employer and supports a vision where all staff – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, socio-economic background, or religious affiliation – feel there is space for a diversity of experiences to be represented, respected and valued.