Program Manager II
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
The Program Manager II is responsible for planning, developing, and managing multiple projects (generally 2 to 3 projects at any one time). Key to this position is independently leading the conceptualization and writing of own grants as well as assisting Business Unit Director and other colleagues in grant writing and fundraising efforts. This is a senior-level position and as such has departmental and agency duties in addition to project responsibilities. The current area of focus for this role is within our HIV and whole family wellness areas, which centers Black womxn, womxn of color, and their families.
- You possess excellent communication and relationship-building skills with colleagues, partners and clients with utmost integrity, courtesy and diplomacy.
- You are capable of embracing the ideas of others and seek to understand others’ points of view in order to further our shared mission and vision.
- You enjoy working independently as well as collaboratively to meet goals and deadlines. You are capable of using technology to effectively and professionally communicate with co-located and remote colleagues.
- You are self-motivated and capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- You embrace a spirit of learning and curiosity in your work and proactively seek out answers and solutions to questions and challenges that arise.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Master's Degree or equivalent experience in related field. Doctoral degree desirable.
- Minimum 8-10 years in project management and administration.
- Extensive experience supervising a large number of staff, including other managers.
- Independently managed minimum if $300,000 to $500,000 plus annual multi-year projects.
- Track record of managing multiple projects at a time and at least one multi-year extra-large project ($600,000 or more annually).
- Extensive expertise in field/area of work or allied area (HIV, sexual reproductive health, trauma informed approaches, reproductive health justice or maternal child health approaches). Experience in mixed methods research highly desirable.
- Track record of successful proposal writing.
- Minimum 8-10 plus years in effective funder/client relations including cultivating and maintaining professional relationships.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Experience supervising vendors.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and monitoring.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting with limited supervision.
- Apprised of current trends and developments in related field.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully organize and implement complex plans and projects.
- Ability to travel as assigned (when travel allowed).
- Valid Driver's license, acceptable DMV record and proof of insurance.
Location: Remote employment. Open to all states.
Starting Pay Range: $96,100 - $106,700 annually
WORKING AT ETR
ETR employees enjoy a competitive salary, amazing 401(k) and health benefits as well as generous PTO and holiday pay. You will contribute to making a difference in the world!
WHO WE ARE
ETR (Education, Training and Research) is a national non-profit. We are passionate about our mission, which is to improve health and increase opportunities for youth, families and communities. We seek to promote equity and justice through first understanding, and then addressing, the ways health and education outcomes are influenced by the complex interactions between people and their environment.
As an organization with a focus on mission-driven impact, we value diversity and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. We emphasize collaboration and continuous learning, both within the organization and in our partnerships.
We are looking for people who share our passion for health equity, social justice and learning. ETR is an equal opportunity employer and supports a vision where all staff – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, socioeconomic background, or religious affiliation – feel there is space for a diversity of experiences to be represented, respected and valued.
THE IMPACT WE ARE LOOKING TO MAKE
We envision a world where all people have the information, skills and opportunities to lead healthy lives. We endeavor to reduce disparities and increase equity in health and education. We are committed to uplifting and supporting our partners to do work across the country and around the globe in four main areas:
- HIV, sexual, and reproductive health (HIV/SRH)
- Equity and inclusion in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) fields
- Alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- School-based health and wellness
We realize our vision and achieve our mission by linking innovation and research to practice. We drive the science through program development, applied research and evaluation. We scale innovation through capacity building and dissemination.
WORKING AT ETR
ETR has a distributed workforce across three co-located offices in California, as well as individual employees located around the nation. ETR employees enjoy a competitive salary, an amazing 401(K) and robust health benefits, as well as generous PTO and holiday pay. We offer remote working flexibility when possible. Join us. You will work with inspiring colleagues and contribute to making a difference in the world!
ETR is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO and AA Employer/VET/Disabled
ETR is an equal opportunity employer and supports a vision where all staff – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, socio-economic background, or religious affiliation – feel there is space for a diversity of experiences to be represented, respected and valued.