Human Resources Generalist
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Under general supervision of the Director of Human Resources, this position performs a variety of professional level activities that are necessary for Human Resources to function effectively and efficiently. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities with a human-centered approach to support the following areas: leave of absence administration in concert with Professional Employer Organization (PEO); coordination of HR trainings, events and activities, including on-boarding and off-boarding; HRIS and file management and executing HR best practices. This position will also identify, recommend and implement process improvement initiatives and provide support to the HR Director on special projects. Responsibilities are carried out in a manner consistent with ETR’s mission, vision, values and cultural norms. Discretion in the use of confidential information is required at all times. This position works remotely.
- You possess excellent communication and relationship-building skills with colleagues, partners and clients with utmost integrity, courtesy and diplomacy.
- You are capable of embracing the ideas of others and seek to understand others’ points of view in order to further our shared mission and vision.
- You enjoy working independently as well as collaboratively to meet goals and deadlines. You are capable of using technology to effectively and professionally communicate with co-located and remote colleagues.
- You are self-motivated and capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- You embrace a spirit of learning and curiosity in your work and proactively seek out answers and solutions to questions and challenges that arise.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- BA/BS degree or specialized training plus three years’ experience in Human Resources field or minimum of 5 solid years of professional level Human Resources experience.
- One-year experience in recruitment a plus.
- Solid experience with employee relations, HRIS, leave of absences, and benefit administration.
- Highly developed people skills with sensitivity and empathy concerning matters of diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- Experience in professional development and facilitation highly desirable.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, HRIS databases, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and adept at learning other office technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and quantitative skills combined with attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to complete assignments timely and independently.
- Demonstrates initiative and stays current in the field.
- Ability to identify/implement process improvement initiatives for optimum delivery of services/support.
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize, multi-task and remain flexible.
- Willingness to work additional hours during peak and deadline periods.
- Ability to effectively work independently and with a team.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Occasional travel. Valid driver’s license, acceptable DMV record and proof of insurance required.
- SHRM certification.
- Experience and knowledge of human-centered practices and policies.
- Experience working in a remote work environment with a distributed workforce across the United States.
Location: Remote employment, open to all states.
Starting Pay Range: $74,000-$82,200 annually.
WORKING AT ETR
ETR employees enjoy a competitive salary, amazing 401(k) and health benefits as well as generous PTO and holiday pay. You will contribute to making a difference in the world!
WHO WE ARE
ETR (Education, Training and Research) is a national non-profit. We are passionate about our mission, which is to improve health and increase opportunities for youth, families and communities. We seek to promote equity and justice through first understanding, and then addressing, the ways health and education outcomes are influenced by the complex interactions between people and their environment.
As an organization with a focus on mission-driven impact, we value diversity and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. We emphasize collaboration and continuous learning, both within the organization and in our partnerships.
We are looking for people who share our passion for health equity, social justice and learning. ETR is an equal opportunity employer and supports a vision where all staff – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, socioeconomic background, or religious affiliation – feel there is space for a diversity of experiences to be represented, respected and valued.
THE IMPACT WE ARE LOOKING TO MAKE
We envision a world where all people have the information, skills and opportunities to lead healthy lives. We endeavor to reduce disparities and increase equity in health and education. We are committed to uplifting and supporting our partners to do work across the country and around the globe in four main areas:
- HIV, sexual, and reproductive health (HIV/SRH)
- Equity and inclusion in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) fields
- Alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- School-based health and wellness
We realize our vision and achieve our mission by linking innovation and research to practice. We drive the science through program development, applied research and evaluation. We scale innovation through capacity building and dissemination.
WORKING AT ETR
ETR has a distributed workforce across three co-located offices in California, as well as individual employees located around the nation. ETR employees enjoy a competitive salary, an amazing 401(K) and robust health benefits, as well as generous PTO and holiday pay. We offer remote working flexibility when possible. Join us. You will work with inspiring colleagues and contribute to making a difference in the world!
ETR is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO and AA Employer/VET/Disabled
ETR is an equal opportunity employer and supports a vision where all staff – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, socio-economic background, or religious affiliation – feel there is space for a diversity of experiences to be represented, respected and valued.