HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) this position is responsible for daily coordination and support of activities to ensure efficient and safe operation of ETR offices and distribution center including developing and supporting effective processes, ensuring that each workspace functions properly; responding to requests and coordinating communications with facility maintenance personnel, contractors, vendors or landlords; and workstation and environment control requests. This position also supports new office development, associated moves or office refurbishments. Position located in Scotts Valley.
- You possess excellent communication and relationship-building skills with colleagues, partners and clients with utmost integrity, courtesy and diplomacy.
- You are capable of embracing the ideas of others and seek to understand others’ points of view in order to further our shared mission and vision.
- You enjoy working independently as well as collaboratively to meet goals and deadlines. You are capable of using technology to effectively and professionally communicate with co-located and remote colleagues.
- You are self-motivated and capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- You embrace a spirit of learning and curiosity in your work and proactively seek out answers and solutions to questions and challenges that arise.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in operations or facilities coordination or related field.
- POWER USER of mainstream office applications and platforms (e.g. Microsoft Office and Office 365, Slack).
- Highly skilled in development of scalable and repeatable systems-powered processes and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, plan, document and track a small project or phases of a larger project, as normally obtained through two years of entry-level project management coordination experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and interpersonal skills are required to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate, plan, monitor and track projects and work in process.
- Experience developing and managing a project including scope development, work breakdown, budgeting and scheduling, as well as the general role and function of team members/vendors that are required to effectively plan and coordinate project activities.
- Experience coordinating office personnel moves and other facilities-related activities. Prefer experience in the evaluation/selection of vendors and the processing of purchasing invoices.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks/priorities and the ability to work under specific time constraints are required.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills is required to address basic and routine issues.
- Ability to work well with diverse teams and coordinate multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to difficult problems within policy guidelines and funding restrictions.
- Requires the ability to be available to work after-hours and to respond to facility emergencies in off hours.
- Requires routine travel within Northern CA.
- Clean DMV record, a valid driver’s license, and proof of vehicle insurance.
WORKING AT ETR
ETR employees enjoy a competitive salary, amazing 401(K) and health benefits as well as generous PTO and holiday pay. You will contribute to making a difference in the world!
WHO WE ARE
ETR (Education, Training and Research) is a national non-profit. We are passionate about our mission, which is to improve health and increase opportunities for youth, families and communities. We seek to promote equity and justice through first understanding, and then addressing, the ways health and education outcomes are influenced by the complex interactions between people and their environment.
As an organization with a focus on mission-driven impact, we value diversity and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. We emphasize collaboration and continuous learning, both within the organization and in our partnerships.
We are looking for people who share our passion for health equity, social justice and learning. ETR is an equal opportunity employer and supports a vision where all staff – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, socioeconomic background, or religious affiliation – feel there is space for a diversity of experiences to be represented, respected and valued.
THE IMPACT WE ARE LOOKING TO MAKE
We envision a world where all people have the information, skills and opportunities to lead healthy lives. We endeavor to reduce disparities and increase equity in health and education. We are committed to uplifting and supporting our partners to do work across the country and around the globe in four main areas:
- HIV, sexual, and reproductive health (HIV/SRH)
- Equity and inclusion in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) fields
- Alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- School-based health and wellness
We realize our vision and achieve our mission by linking innovation and research to practice. We drive the science through program development, applied research and evaluation. We scale innovation through capacity building and dissemination.
WORKING AT ETR
ETR has a distributed workforce across three co-located offices in California, as well as individual employees located around the nation. ETR employees enjoy a competitive salary, an amazing 401(K) and robust health benefits, as well as generous PTO and holiday pay. We offer remote working flexibility when possible. Join us. You will work with inspiring colleagues and contribute to making a difference in the world!
ETR is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO and AA Employer/VET/Disabled
ETR is an equal opportunity employer and supports a vision where all staff – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, socio-economic background, or religious affiliation – feel there is space for a diversity of experiences to be represented, respected and valued.