Controller (Remote, United States)
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Controller leads ETR’s accounting functions to deliver accurate financial records that comply with GAAP and federal/state/local regulations, reduce risk through comprehensive policies and controls, and promote efficient organizational operations. This position works remotely and can be located anywhere in the United States.
- You possess excellent communication and relationship-building skills with colleagues, partners and clients with utmost integrity, courtesy and diplomacy.
- You are capable of embracing the ideas of others and seek to understand others’ points of view in order to further our shared mission and vision.
- You enjoy working independently as well as collaboratively to meet goals and deadlines. You are capable of using technology to effectively and professionally communicate with co-located and remote colleagues.
- You are self-motivated and capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- You embrace a spirit of learning and curiosity in your work and proactively seek out answers and solutions to questions and challenges that arise.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- BA/BS from a four-year college or university with emphasis in accounting and/or eight years of related experience. Master’s degree in Finance preferred.
- Current CPA certification required.
- Demonstrates at least three years of people management experience.
- Knowledge of GAAP for nonprofits and track record of success overseeing government contracts/grants.
- Working knowledge of U.S. regulations governing grants, cooperative agreements and contracts, and OMB Uniform Guidance, along with all applicable CFR regulations.
- Knowledge and experience with budgeting, cost allocations, account analysis, developing and implementing analytics, external audits and tax return preparation.
- Experience managing and overseeing financial software systems; advanced PC skills including Excel, databases and word-processing.
- Excellent analytical and supervisory skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex financial concepts to colleagues at all levels, ETR’s Board of Directors, and external stakeholders.
- Adaptable to many different types of stakeholders and personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, lead and implement complex plans and projects.
- The use of a personal vehicle or rental car for ETR business will require a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- This position is subject to a background check.
Location: Remote employment; open to anywhere in the United States.
Starting Pay Range: $123,000 to $150,400 annually. The typical hiring range for this position is $123,000 to $136,700 at 100% FTE. The starting salary is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
WORKING AT ETR
ETR employees enjoy a competitive salary, amazing 401(k) and health benefits as well as generous PTO and holiday pay. You will contribute to making a difference in the world!
WHO WE ARE
ETR (Education, Training and Research) is a national non-profit. We are passionate about our mission, which is to improve health and increase opportunities for youth, families and communities. We seek to promote equity and justice through first understanding, and then addressing, the ways health and education outcomes are influenced by the complex interactions between people and their environment.
As an organization with a focus on mission-driven impact, we value diversity and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. We emphasize collaboration and continuous learning, both within the organization and in our partnerships.
We are looking for people who share our passion for health equity, social justice and learning. ETR is an equal opportunity employer and supports a vision where all staff – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, socioeconomic background, or religious affiliation – feel there is space for a diversity of experiences to be represented, respected and valued.
THE IMPACT WE ARE LOOKING TO MAKE
We envision a world where all people have the information, skills and opportunities to lead healthy lives. We endeavor to reduce disparities and increase equity in health and education. We are committed to uplifting and supporting our partners to do work across the country and around the globe in four main areas:
- HIV, sexual, and reproductive health (HIV/SRH)
- Equity and inclusion in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) fields
- Alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- School-based health and wellness
We realize our vision and achieve our mission by linking innovation and research to practice. We drive the science through program development, applied research and evaluation. We scale innovation through capacity building and dissemination.
WORKING AT ETR
ETR has a distributed workforce across three co-located offices in California, as well as individual employees located around the nation. ETR employees enjoy a competitive salary, an amazing 401(K) and robust health benefits, as well as generous PTO and holiday pay. We offer remote working flexibility when possible. Join us. You will work with inspiring colleagues and contribute to making a difference in the world!
ETR is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO and AA Employer/VET/Disabled
ETR is an equal opportunity employer and supports a vision where all staff – regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, socio-economic background, or religious affiliation – feel there is space for a diversity of experiences to be represented, respected and valued.